Girl Gamers Girl Gamers

Good animation. However, I liked the humor of the first one a little better. I don't usually give negative reviews, but I can't get over how irritatingly smug this comes across at points. The blue sweater girl annoys me. You have a wacky, potentially entertaining situation going on, but all that girl seems to do is point out that the situation is, in fact, quite wacky. If you explain the joke, you ruin it, and that's exactly what she does. She's too underplayed to even work as a straight man. There's no need to insert an audience surrogate just to say "We're so much better than these idiots, am I right, guys?" As I said, it just comes across as irritatingly smug. Just let us laugh at the foibles of the characters and the absurdity of the situation, and let the comedy speak for itself.

Valhalla Bound Valhalla Bound

It's pretty fun. Kind of takes the dignity out of that funerary ritual (I'm aware it's not real, but the idea has dignity). I like how Odin cares more about the ships than the souls.

I think this game does need tutorials, but there's a lot of room for improvement. The ones you have are slow, non-interactive, over-explain some things and under-explain others. Most of the things in the tutorial could have been explained in-game, with a "shoot here" crosshair the first time you encounter a specific monster. I had no idea what to do when it was raining until I saw your explanation in response to another review.

I don't think you're getting complaints because people don't want things explained at all, but because your tutorials are tedious and completely break the pace of the game.

Avizial responds:

This is great feedback! I think you hit the nail on the head.

We have plans to completely overhaul the automated tutorials in a future update. However, for this current update (1.3.7) we implemented a help guide in the title screen that briefly and concisely informs the player on how to play the game.

We originally created the tutorials for the mobile market in mind. Especially for the casual gaming market. We now realize that many players on Newgrounds are skilled enough to understand basic game mechanics without so much hand-holding.

Thanks for playing our game! We hope to hear from you in future titles.

Guild Dungeons 2 Guild Dungeons 2

A really interesting idea, but room for improvement.

I played the first game, and this one is an improvement over it in a BIG way. It provides a lot more information than the first game did about, eg leader and unit abilities, the difficulty curve was smoother, and I experienced far fewer total party kills.

That said, some of the problems from the first game remain. The city-building part is pretty poorly designed. Even the layout makes it very difficult for a new player to tell which buildings are "low end" and which are "high end". The resource rates are way too slow at the beginning of the game, and building a hundred hovels right away works too well. I suggest you consider dropping the city game entirely and focusing on questing.

The quest system is a really original and fun concept. However, I think the after-action reports in this version are a little too brief. Ideally, they should read like a story. I think a greater focus on the quest system with more special events would be a nice way to expand on this concept.

Decision 2 Decision 2

A very well put together game. I like how you combined various genres in a way that felt consistent with the theme and setting. You had the main third person shooter, but also some RPG and simulation elements.

Unlike many games of this type, I rarely felt like I had to grind. The only tedious part was searching out the last few zombies on a given mission, and even that wasn't so bad once you got the radar.

One thing I didn't like was when I upgraded a tower to level 2 with the rocket weapon. I thought I'd be able to switch between the level 1 machine gun and the rocket, but I just had rockets. While rockets are nice for softening up big groups of zombies, you needed the machine gun to finish them off. After that, I just used machine guns. I didn't get a chance to try the cannon.

For personal weapons, I used a rifle/shotgun combo. Rifle for when they were far away, shotgun when they got close. Plus the occasional rocket or grenade for softening up big groups.

While the sim elements of building up the towers and factories was nice, the player character seemed better at making money and killing zombies, so it kind of felt like a waste to build them up fully.

It's a fairly simple game, not a whole lot of story, but what it does, it does well.